Monday, September 22, 2014

My Hair is my Favorite Feature

A few years ago I had an experience that led me to start growing out my hair to donate it to charity.  It's been a long time coming, but I was pretty excited to finally get the change going.
Here is the before (sorry fore the blurry selfie, I'm not that good at it).
 And here is the after.  My new hairdresser did and AMAZING job.  It ended up being about 9 inches that were cut off.  I donated it to Children With Hair Loss, because there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the other place.  I love how it turned out.  It is the shortest I've ever had it (at least in the back, only about an inch long).
It has grown out now to my favorite length, and I had some highlights put in it.  This first one was the end of June, before highlights.
 And this last one is after highlights in August.  And my selfie skills are slowly improving.  Although I have to take several pictures to find one that I like. 
I think that I'm going to grow it out again and donate it.  It was such a great feeling to help a child that has to deal without hair for various reasons. 

0 comments: