Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Playing Catch Up: May 2013


The month started out pretty normal.  Hubby got me some flowers for our Wedding Anniversary.  He was even able to surprise me.  We were very excited for the warmer, consistent weather and getting the growing and camping season going.  I even got a bit crafty.   I made a new wreath for the front door.  I was able to go to Branson, MO and hit up the craft store to get some supplies.  I think I found the tutorial on Pinterest.










I also planned and carried out (with help from a couple great, crafty ladies) a baby shower for a dear friend who finally got her little girl.  Her theme was pink and giraffes.  I thought it would be fun to make a diaper giraffe instead of a traditional diaper cake.  I even put a cute pink tutu on it that Mommie could put on Baby G.
And as a fun crafty project (instead of silly baby shower games), I brought different sized onesies, and iron on fabric glue for everyone to design their own onesie for Baby G.  I didn't get very many pictures at the shower, but everyone was a great sport and there were some awesome designs.  For my gift I crocheted a pink and brown giraffe, that has button hinged legs and turned out AMAZING!








 I also had another baby shower that I made a cute monster for.  This little boy is a cutie patootie.
By the end of the month we were getting ready for summer activities and then everything changed.  Hubby was unfortunate enough to injure his foot while mowing the back woods.  He didn't think anything of it and kept going all day on it.  A few days later is was extremely swollen and infected and then he left town for 10 days.  By the time he got home, his foot was scarily bad and I took him to the doctor.  Our family doctor referred us to the Wound Clinic and we began the healing.  A couple of weeks of visits the Would Clinic doctor admitted Hubby to the hospital for surgery to clean out the wound and get better access to it.  Hubby was on a would vac for a couple of weeks, but he was healing quickly.  He got to wear a funny shoe to stay off his toes.

0 comments: