Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Winter of Scarfs

 This winter I spent a lot of time making scarves for me and my family.  I started because I needed something to keep me busy while I was at church for a few hours before it started (due to Hubby's meetings).  I saw a beautiful creation on purlbee.com that I inspired me.  Now mine ended up wider and probably A LOT longer than theirs, but I love it just the same.  It ended up being about 14 ft long and 20 inches wide.  I just kept finding colors that it NEEDED to have in it.  I started with the hot pink, followed by baby pink, cream, tan, gray, dark gray, black, navy, and finished with country blue.  It actually took me a couple of months to get it done (mostly because I kept adding to it).  Hubby kept teasing me that I was making a blanket.  I love it, and it keeps me warm.

 
The next projects were scarfs.  I love scarfs and they are fun to make in different shapes and colors.  I found a super cute tutorial on Pinterest and went to town with it.  It is a chain stitch scarf and I can bust one out in about an hour.  I made 4 this winter, one for my MIL, one for my favorite SIL, and two for me.  I made 3 of the neutral colored one, and one in the hot pink and gray.
 
For Christmas I didn't know what to get my SIL, so I decided to make her a scarf.  She is the type of person that is hard to shop for.  Plus I wanted to give her something more personal.  Again I was inspired by a pattern I found on Pinterest and made this awesome ruffled purple and gray scarf.  It looks so neat hanging around a neck, without a ton of fuss.








And for the fun of it, I found a pattern for this quick braided one.  I needed a green scarf and busted this out pretty quickly.  It is basically three strands and I just braided them together and then joined the loose ends. It's a simple look with a fair amount of impact.  Hubby thinks I'm silly for having so many scarfs, but I wear them all the time, so he doesn't tease as much.  It's been a cold winter.  And when it's cold, I crochet.



0 comments: