Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pooh Corner

 I found this great tutorial on Honeybear Lane (an amazing blog BTW) and I had to make one.  Luckily a friend just had an adorable baby girl, and her wonderful Husband painted a gorgeous mural of 1000 acer woods from Winnie the Pooh, in the nursery.  I seriously almost started crying when I walked into the room, it was that beautiful.  So here is the outcome of my efforts.
<----- This is the front.  It's a woven pattern with unfinished edges, so it's kind of a faux rag look.                  ----->
This is the back.  She accented all the soft colors with Hot Pink.  and how could you go wrong with Hot Pink for a Baby Girl.  Here is a close up of the front with the weaving.  I did  cute Pooh print, and added a yellow, blue, and green print to accent the colors of the Pooh print.  The I did an off white for the other direction.  It gives enough color without being overwhelming.  I used a hot pink thread that matched the back to sewing the layers together.  <-----Here is my binding.  I just used some leftover green and used my new sewing machine and did a swirly pattern to give it some whimsy.
Here it is draped on the back staircase at home.          ----->



Here here it is all wrapped up and ready to be given away.
They absolutely loved it, and I was so glad to see the looks on their faces when they unwrapped it.  I love bringing happiness to great people and friends.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Back to MH?! Will I see you next time we visit? And Congratulations! That is so exciting!