Monday, May 21, 2012

Mommies Weekend

So this is a week late, but I wanted to post something to let my Mom know how much I appreciate her.  I was able to go to Arizona for Mother's Day Weekend to spend with her.  It was nice to have Mommy-Daughter time.  We shopped, we got our toes done, we went dancing with my step-Dad, we sewed a little, and we talked a lot.  I am an avid people watcher and I like seeing where people get their personality traits from.  Well, spending that much time with my Mom (just the two of us, and it being a long time since we've been able to do so), I realized how much of me I get from her, even down to some/if not most of my mannerisms. 
While there I helped her finish putting together a dress that we cut out at Thanksgiving.  It was fun to watch her sew, and learn how to figure out how to solve sewing problems.  I have a tendency to get stuck in my own head, and struggle to see a problem from all angles.  We also played a lot with her new puppy, a Cocker Spaniel.  We grew up with Cocker Spaniels, so it was fun to cuddle and play with a puppy again.
 
Here is my Mom and I after church on Mother's Day.  I'm wearing the dress I helped her make for me.  
It was a great weekend, and I'm glad that I could go.  I love my Mom so much and am grateful for all the wonderful things she has given me, given up for me, and taught me.  I hope to someday be as good a mother to my own children as she has been to me.  And I know that she'll be the best grandmother to my children.  I love you Mom!

0 comments: