Thursday, November 10, 2011

Free Hand Bag Pattern

With my blog reading, and internet surfing, I came upon an awesome pattern. Two great things about it: 1) It's an Amy Butler Pattern, and 2) It was free! You can get yours here from Sew Mama Sew. That site is amazing and I am so inspired by the great crafts and projects they have on there.
So here is my Amy Butler Blossom Shoulder Bag:The only thing I changed was I added a small inside pocket for my cell phone. I'm super paranoid about scratching it up, and not finding it in the depths of my FULL purse.I found this great print at JoAnn Fabrics. I'm not normally a yellow/mustard color kind of girl, but I fell in love with the pattern, and it screams fall/winter to me. I just used a plain brown for the lining.And look, it fits ALL my crap that I HAVE to carry with me everywhere I go. Yes even a crochet project (more on that later).
This is a great project for all you intermediate sewers out there. Check it out and see if it's something you want to make for yourself.

0 comments: