Friday, March 11, 2011

Holy Crochet

Here are the projects I worked on this week. I wanted to get something done, but not anything too involved since we are moving, again.
One of my besties wanted a new beanie for her little girl, she had some yarn, and here is the result. I wanted to try a different pattern. I think I redid this one about seven or eight times, trying to get the right size and look. But it's cute and hopefully it will fit for a while.

And here is my pet project. I was looking for crocheting patterns with my mother-in-law, and I came across these. I got the patterns from Itsy Bitsy Spider Crochet. Oh My Heck, they were such a labor of love! And Hubby loves them too. I weighted them with dried beans and they are fun to throw at each other, and the dog.The pig is my favorite. I just love looking at it and tossing it around.Here is my very angry Cardinal.And here is my angry Goldfinch.
They are all about 5-6 inches across. It took a while to get them all put together because I had to use such small stitches, but it was totally worth the back ache and crochet hands (imagine arthritic grandma hands.). If any of you are crocheters, the Cardinal pattern was free, and the pig and goldfinch pattern were $2.00 each. They had two other bird patterns, but I liked these three the best.

1 comments:

EmilyHerb18 said...

Those are so cute steph! You make me want to learn how to crochet again. You're so talented. Sure miss you!