Friday, March 4, 2011

Crafting Time: Wreaths!

I have been trying out some tutorials that I've been staring at for quite a while. Here is the outcome.I found this cute tutorial, and had to make my own version. It took some time, a lot of paper bags, and two trips to the craft store to get the right punch, but I managed to get it done. I might add some different ribbon to give it some more contrast then just brown on brown. Hubby likes green, and since that is my color scheme for our living room, I was already leaning in that direction anyway. But I sure do love when Hubby gives his opinion on my projects. It makes me feel good that he takes and interest in my hobbies and wants things to look nice too.And I found this cute tutorial here. It was a little tricky to do this without a cutting machine or an easy way to crease lines to fold the stars, but I managed.
For manning my glue gun for the last week or so, I only got one burn and that is when Hubby distracted me in the middle of the paper bag wreath. It didn't hurt to bad, more shock/startled than anything. I hit up the fabric store last week and got some super cute fabric to make some pillows and some other for I'm not sure yet, maybe a table cloth or something. I'll post pictures as soon as I get those projects done.

0 comments: