Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Official. . .

We're Moving! Back to Utah! Aaaakkkk! I know, not something we actually planned to happen, ever, especially me, but it's happening, and it's a good move. Hubbies work is expanding and they want us back to Utah A.S.A.P. It's crazy to be moving again (#10 in less than 7 years), but everything literally fell into place while we were out in Utah last week.
So, now begins the sorting, and packing process. Having been in the current place long enough, we have accumulated and need to throw away the extra stuff we don't need anymore. It's not like we have a ton of stuff. Living in a small area with little storage, means that we haven't got too much to go through. We just have to get it all together and sorted (and not just throw into a box to get it out of the way. We have lots of junk boxes full of random stuff). I am, by my OCD, a list maker, and a planner, so I've been mulling over what to sort through first, what's a priority to keep, what needs to be thrown out, and what can we pack first that we don't need to use in the meantime. I once saw this comic strip about the process of packing boxes to move. I couldn't find it, so here is my version.
First Day: Pack everything nicely with bubble wrap and stack nicely in boxes. Carefully labeling contents and what room they are to go in.
Second Day: Pack similar objects in box and labeling what room they go in.
Third Day: Packing anything within reach into a box and labeling it junk.
Forth Day: Dumping random drawers into a box and labeling it junk I Hate.

My hope and goal is to avoid having to go through the above process, because I'd rather just get rid of the junk to being with.
We will definitely miss all the friends we've made, and the family that we are close to, but we are looking forward to all the new opportunities we will have to live back in Utah. Wish us luck.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! That is so exciting! I am sad you won't be there when we go back, but I hope you have a fabulous place in Utah. I detest moving, and I wish you a smooth process on yours!