Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Happy Day!

Hubby gets the 'Hubby of the Year' award.
He got me a dishwasher for Christmas this year!

I was so excited when he woke me up and asked if I wanted to go with him to pick it up. Now, I knew it was coming, but the shipping tracking information was very non-committal, and we weren't sure when it would actually arrive. He'd been teasing me all week that he finally got notification. But I was very excited when we actually left the house. It's not fancy and it's can't hold very many dishes (it's a basic portable model). But it washes the dishes pretty well, which means that I don't have to. Woo to the Hoo!
It is about 18 inches wide, and the same depth and height as a counter. It rolls around pretty easily. I just put the hose onto the faucet and plug it in, and it goes. It isn't too loud either. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it. I'm still learning on how full I can fill it and what configuration the dishes work best in it, but so far so good.
I have some canning to do this week, so it will be nice to pre-wash the jars in, and have some place to put them when they are done, to cool, without taking up my limited counter space. Yeah for Hubby! I love him lots and lots, and not just because of the dishwasher, but for lots of other reasons too.

0 comments: