Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas in the Air

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays (minus the being cold part). It's fun to get into the spirit of giving and celebrating Christs' Birth. The day after Thanksgiving is our traditional day to put up the tree, decorate, and break out the Christmas movies. Here is what our decorations look like.Since rearranging the furniture we have combined all our bookshelves, and I have one long stretch of horizontal space under my already hung pictures. I'm loving it! It gives me room to display things. It's a tradition from when I was little to hang up the Christmas cards we get from other people. So, instead of just taping them to the wall, I made something to display them. I took some 1/4 inch black ribbon and some mini clothes pins, hot glues the pins to the ribbon, used push pins to secure the ribbon onto the bookshelves, and just clip up the cards as they come in the mail. You can kind of see we had just a few when I took this picture, but I have lots of room for more.I also put up my nativity set from my Mom (last year's present). I saw this awesome one on Running With Scissors that her Mom made her. I feel so inspired and am trying to figure out how to make one for myself. I don't think I have the time or patience right now, maybe next year, then I can start earlier in the year, so that it's done by Christmas. I've never appreciated the simplicity of the joy having a nativity set in my home would be like, until I got married.This last picture is for fun. Duke loves the peppermint kisses. And we make him wait to eat it. I put it on the floor and he gets down right next to it and drools until we tell him 'okay'. I managed to get him to wait long enough for me to get a picture. I know it's not the best quality, but my lighting was low, and he is just too cute.

0 comments: