Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm Thankful For. . .

We had a pretty quite Thanksgiving. We invited some people over that don't have family around, or weren't able to visit their families. We were supposed to have six, but someone got sick and they stayed home, so we had four. It was pretty fun cooking with Hubby. He LOVES doing the turkey, and since I don't like turkey, it was all him. We planned our menu the week before and set a schedule of what needed to get done the day before and the day of.Now we are very fancy people, but we do break out the good stuff for holidays. Here is our table setting.It was fun making things pretty. The few days before we had rearranged the furniture to fit everyone into our living room, since our kitchen was full of cooking in dance. Here is the 'buffet' table overview. Here is a close up. We had veggies and cheese and crackers before dinner. Hubby made haricot vert (thin green beans) with cranberries and almonds. He also took care of the stuffing.Here is the other half. Hubby did the stuffing and the turkey, and I did the potatoes, 'Maddie" rolls, and the apple pie (my very first pie. I was very excited, and everyone loved it). We had plenty of leftovers and sent some home with everyone and even to the couple that got sick.

Now that we got talking about food out of the way, I wanted to share some things that I am thankful for over the past year:
1) My Wonderful Hubby-he has been a rock in my chaos, and a strong shoulder to cry on, and my comedian to get me to laugh every day.
2) Our Friends and Family-who support us from near and far, and take joy in our journey through this crazy life.
3) My Country-I am grateful to live in a place that I can do anything, we anyone, and live freely.
4) Our Soldiers-I am proud of all the men and women who have, still do, and will fight for the freedom we enjoy. I appreciate the sacrifice they make.
5) My Heavenly Father-I'm grateful for the personal relationship that I have with my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ. Without the oppertunity to talk with them in prayer I would be lost. I'm grateful for the opportunities have have to go to the Temple, to feel their presence surround me and guide me.

I hope during this season we can all take a moment and cherish what we have in our lives. To reach out and thank someone, even if it's just for their place in your life. This is my favorite time of year, because we get to share and give to those around us.

0 comments: