Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Craftiness

I cannot believe that tomorrow is December 1st! It will be the 1 year anniversary of this blog. Man a lot has happened in the last year, but that will be another entry. This one is about being crafty for Christmas. Wreaths are really big this year, and I wanted to join in on the fun. I found three already that I love, and have made one that is seasonal/Christmasy. It's a folded paper star wreath. You can find instructions on how to make your own here. Here is mine:It took me all day on Friday to fold the stars. But while passing a kidney stone with no pain medication, it helped to take my mind off the pain. Hubby thought I was nuts for putting so much effort into something that we'd use once a year, but it was fun, and I'm proud of it.
Also on Friday we put the tree up. If you read my last entry, we enjoyed Thanksgiving before we moved on the Christmas. It is one of my favorite seasons. There is so much joy and spirit of Christ all around us. I love giving and helping those around me. Here is a picture of our tree this year. It's pretty similar to last year, just a few more ornaments, and a new tree skirt.Here is a close up of my new and permanent tree skirt for our tree. I made is with blue satin that I quilted interfacing onto to make it stiff. Then I added ribbon binding to the edge. I love how it turned out. I'm almost tempted to wrap some empty boxes to stick under it for the full effect. Hubby might think I'm even more nuts than I already am.
Check out my blog list of 'Blogs that Inspire my Creativity' to get more fun Christmas ideas.

0 comments: