Friday, September 11, 2009

A week of Adventures

Wow, it's been a whirlwind of a week!

We had Hubby's Dad and step-Mom down for a week. While down we visited a lot, took a day trip up to Branson. I got some stuff from the craft store for my purses. Hubby and his Dad did a lot of target practice with their bee bee guns, while us ladies watched. We had some home grown chicken for Labor Day dinner. It was just a nice relaxing visit.

We also got some more chickens on this past Monday. I know you're all thinking, MORE! Yes, we stopped by our local farm supply and they had chickens in. We went inside and found two breeds that we've been looking into replacing next year, our Rhode Island Reds, and Buff Orpingtons. We lost all but one of each in the great chicken wars of 2009. We managed to procure 4 females of each kind. They also had Guineas, so we got two of those (a white, and gray). We don't know if they are boys or girls, and won't until they grow up.The Guineas are about half the size of the chickens, but they sure are fast little ones. They kind of have to be because our older batch of chickens are 4-5X their size.Here is our kiddie swimming pool with all our baby birds (You can see our White Guinea next to one of the Dark Cornish). There are currently 23 in there. Next week our second load of incubator eggs will hatch, so we'll see how many we have after that. If anyone lives in our area and wants more chickens you can contact me and we'll get you some.Here is our one Rhode Island Red from the first incubator round. I call him Big Red, because he is so much bigger than the others. He's the official watcher of the brood.

Another plan in the works: I've been working like mad to get a lot of sewing done. I've had several people call with orders, so I've been trying to fill them. My friends and I are also planning a Purses, and etc. Party for the first Thursday in November. So I've been trying to get stuff ready for that as well. Not to mention I launched the blog for Taylor Made Desings, and planning for the possible Craft Show in Scottsdale, Arizona the end of November that my Mother will be (hopefully) attending. Needless to say the rest of the year is going to be pretty busy, but I'm so enjoying learning and sewing new projects. I've made several new clothing items for myself (sorry no pictures yet, I keep forgetting). I've made several pieces for the boutique in town, and some stuff for friends and family members. So if any of y'all out there in blogger world need Christmas Presents, contact us and we'll get your needs met.

This week, we also did a bit of traveling. Hubby had to go to St. Louis for business, so I went with him. We stayed at a Sheraton (okay, not what I expected), but we had a neat view from our room.I was reminded why we live in a small town with not a lot of people and neighbors. I truly despise traffic. I go crazy when there is a lot of it. I was grateful to get home to our sleepy town last night and drive in our minimal traffic today.

That pretty much sums up our week. Off to sew like crazy. Woo to the Hoo! I am looking forward to using all the new things I was able to get from our trip. Keep an eye out for upcoming pictures.

0 comments: