Monday, September 21, 2009

It's All About the Chickens, Baby!

We have a final count on our second round of incubator chickens. Six - all strawberry blondes (Rhode Island Red and Buff Orpington Mix). They are as cute and cuddly as the others. Here they are after I took them out of the incubator. I need to get a bigger box for them, until we move the teenagers from the pool. Then they will join the toddlers. Here is a good shot of the teenagers and some of the toddlers. You can see Big Red right in the middle. He's fun to watch.Here are the two guineas, the gray and white. I've still to name them, and if it takes too long, I may not. They are about 2/3 the size of the chickens that are the same age.Here is Blondie and Casanova. They are soon to get more chickens in their coop. We are going to move the Dark Cornish flock, along with Fred into their area, so we can move the teenagers out of the pool to make room for the babies. I had a friend ask me what we are going to do with all the chickens. I told her we are going to eat their eggs, them, and/or watch them for amusement.

0 comments: