Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Family Member - Day 22

No, I'm not pregnant, hopefully some day, but not today. We made a last minute stop on our way home from running errands today, and I found the newest addition to my collection. I've been wanting a treadle machine for when the country goes kaput, and we ran across this beauty at a yard sale today. We paid a good reasonable price for her age and condition. She's a 1949 Singer 15-91 Heavy Duty, electric sewing machine. She only sews in straight lines, but goes through lots of layers. I had to do some minor fixin' with the foot peddle, but it does good. I even tested her out on my latest project.It looked cuter in the tutorial I got the pattern from, but I think it turned out okay for my first go at it. It's about 10 inches wide, and 7.5 inches tall. I couldn't find any cute handles to put with it, so I made some with cording. I just used some cotton fat quarters I had. I'll sell it to the first person who contacts me for $20. Just leave me a comment or you can email it to me. I'm sure liking when I get bitten by the creativity bug.

0 comments: