Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In Full Bloom

For the last week we've been watching some Irises that we transplanted last year when we were digging up the garden. I wasn't sure if they were going to do anything, but low and behold they grew some beautiful yellow and purple flowers on them. It was so exciting to see them this morning. The are about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall. We found some more around the property that we are going to go dig up and put in my flower bed. I love spring for this reason, you get to see things in the freshness and newness of their exsistance.
Other things growing around the property that I'm excited to watch progress.The strawberries that we planted this year have really started to grow. All the rain we've been getting has really fed them well.Our asparagus from last year really took off this year. It's been about two weeks since it started coming up and now it's taller than five feet.This flower is from my shady flower bed from last year. We mulched the whole thing and this one popped up at the edges next to the trailer. It doesn't get very much sun, but it's still beautiful.And this is our banana plant. Along with the other 20 tress we ordered and planted this year, we got a mini banana plant. It won't give us bananas (5-6 inches long) for a few years, but it's fun to see it grow. At first it really didn't do anything, but it's been growing a leaf a week. It's sitting on my desk under the sun lamp, and it loves it.
It may seem kind of silly to get worked up of such simple things, but I truly enjoy the simple things that God has created and lets us enjoy. I guess I've been doing a lot of thinking about different things, and I want to tell all my friends and family that read this that I truly appreciate everything they do for Hubby and I. Even if it's just a friendly hello everyone once in a while. We are very blessed, and you all make it that much better.

0 comments: