Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fenced In, oh and some other stuff.

Hubby's Dad and step-mom were here this past Memorial weekend. And when they are down Hubby and his Dad get things done, weather permitting. It rained a lot of the weekend, but they did get new fencing up around the garden and they redid the chicken run for the not so little babies. They made two gates to access the garden through the new chicken run. They did a really great job, mud and all.The garden is really taking off. Hopefully soon we'll have at least some lettuce/mescalin mix to eat fresh. We've been plotting what we are going to do with the 30+ tomato and 20+ pepper plants. I know I'll be doing a lot of canning.

My newest project that I began over the weekend involved lots and lots of little blue squares, some bigger ones, and some big white ones. We visited the library a couple of weeks ago and I picked up a quilting book. Low and behold, Hubby and I found a design that we both liked, and so began the process. I've cut out over 550 squares and have already sew more than half of them together. The design is called Starry Night. I've sewn squares together before to make quilts, but this one I'm actually going to quilt instead of just tying it together. Here are a couple of pictures of the project in the works.This is only half the stack of squares, about 200 or so. I already got the others together when I remembered that I needed to take pictures.This is the inside of the design, it still has a 16 inch border. I am making it to fit a King sized bed. This is laying on our queen sized bed, and it still hangs over. I'm so excited to see it all put together.

I guess that's all for now, back to our busy Wednesdays. More updates and pictures to come.

0 comments: