Thursday, April 16, 2009

Purses

Creativity struck again. I was inspired by several things on my newest project. A friend has a cute diaper bag and that's where I got the color scheme influence, and the other influence is my Mom's string quilt (piecing together all your left over scraps and making it into a quilt). So I raided the box of fabric my Mom sent a few months ago, and found a cute brown and white print from the late 70's early 80's, and I ran with it.

Before I put up the pictures of the finished product, I just wanted to put some pricing for my purses.

  • For a small 8x9 inch standard (two large inside pockets) purse will start at $20 and go up depending on the fabric and if there is more detail (trim, closure etc.).
  • For a medium 10x12 inch standard (two large inside pockets) will start at $30 and go up depending on the fabric and if there is more detail (trim, closure, etc.).
  • For a large 12x14 inch standard (two large inside pockets) will start at $40 and go up depending on the fabric and if there is more detail (trim, closure, etc.).
  • If you like my string quilt inspired purse add $10-$15 (depends on # of pockets and # of fabric types) to the price of the size.
I'm totally loving this string inspired look. It took a while to get it together, but it turned out awesome. It has one outside pocket and six inside pockets. It has a magnetic snap closure. The fabrics I used are brown cordary, teal cotton, retro brown and white squared canvas, brown canvas, brown suede, light brown micro-fiber, and ribbon trim.
I have six inside pockets. I even did the string look on the inside. It's art inside and outside.Here is close up detail of the front by the pocket.

Still working on the website, hopefully it will be up soon. We are also working on a price list. You can always email me at stephanie@ourtaylormadedesigns.com for orders or questions. Thanks for everyone's support and spreading the news.

1 comments:

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

What cute purses, you are so creative!