Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our first Christmas at home.

It was nice to be home, but it didn't seem like Christmas as much. We did manage to talk to most of our families, and are glad everyone is doing okay. We are looking forward to seeing my parents and siblings next week in Texas for my older brothers wedding.

This year we were able to go with some friends to deliver some presents and caroling on the 24th. They are awesome people and we love spending time with them and their kids. We also spent a good part of the day with a family that we home teach that has become our family out here. They are great people and we are blessed to have them in our lives.

We do have some funny memories for this Christmas.
First our Christmas card. It was a work in progress all year long. We came up with the idea in May, and it evolved into what you see. It was a lot of fun and it makes an interesting story. Just wait for next year's, we can't wait to see what we come up with.
Second is our escape from the dog on the 24th. Duke has learned how to jump his fence (it's about 3 1/2 feet tall), and has also learned to associate the car with Hubby. We've had a puppy chase us after we've left for church or any other number of errands. So Hubby had me leave with the car and wait on the road by the property line while he waited inside with the dog. After a few minutes he put the dog out back, then quietly left out the front door and tip-toed through the woods. Well, it worked and the dog was still behind his fence when we got home that evening. Our goal is to fix that issue so we don't have to sneak out of the house every time we need to go somewhere.
He has also got in his head that Hubby needs to find him at the back door. So this week (twice) I woke up first and let the dog out front to do his business. When I went to let him back in, he had jumped back over his fence to get to the back door to wait for Hubby. I laughed for about ten minutes the first time he did it.
I had a little change up this week as well at church. I got called into the Primary Presidency to be the first counselor. I will have to teach this week (a little bitter-sweet), and will probably do some last minute substituting when there is a need. I am really looking forward to this new opportunity, and I'm already great friends with the rest of the presidency. Being a primary teacher has been great. I've really enjoyed getting to know and have a small part in the kids lives. They always smile and say hi when they see me before or outside of church on Sunday.
I guess that's all for now. I hope everyone had a great Christmas whether they were with their extended families, or with their own. God bless all of you in this wonderful time of year.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOVE your picture! So cute and rednecky. It was our first Christmas with no family too, and I was sad about that. We actually had a really good Christmas. (And I still haven't called any of the family... ouch!)